Saturday, September 13, 2008

Idaho Bound!




Last week I took Emily up to BYU-Idaho in Rexburg. We broke up the long 14 hour drive with a stop in Salt Lake to see Grandma Roberts. We made a quick stop to peek at John Paul Decker before we headed up to Idaho the next day. My little Volvo was definitely packed, especially after we got groceries at the Super Wal-mart in Idaho Falls. Emily definitely had more stuff than Seth did! We slept in Idaho Falls and drove the half hour to Rexburg the next morning. We then spent the day getting Emily settled into her new accommodations in the dorm apartments. She likes her new roommates, Alexandra (Alex), Matilda and Lauren. We stood in lines all day to get ID cards, books, pay tuition, apartment key, etc. I have to say it was a bittersweet experience. I know Emily was ready to be on her own, but we will miss her. I have to say it is really weird having only two kids at home. We even shrunk our table. :( I hope she will enjoy college life!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

She is going to love it. Daren and I both have such fond memories of BYU Idaho. We met there, so I guess that helps. It really was fun though. I miss those days sometimes... and can't believe I'm getting old enough that my little cousin EMILY is there now! Daren's niece just started too and she's also in the dorms, we'll have to find out where.

Sitemeter