Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Spirit













Christmas time has come and gone once again!  It was hard for me to get into the spirit of Christmas this year, but about a week before it took hold.  I think I was more excited for Seth to arrive home on the 15th of January.  We had a great, quiet Christmas.  Seth called on Christmas Eve and we got to talk with him about an hour.  He sounded great.   The first thing he asked for when he comes home is eggnog.  At a whopping 143 pounds I think we need to fatten him up.  He rattled off his accomplishments of the prior day in Tagalog.  It was wild sounding!
We joined some friends Christmas caroling and reenacted the Nativity.  The girls did our traditional Christmas skit. Santa Clause vs. the Easter Bunny this year.  Of course the skits always end with a happy ending.  Wendy and Abbey got new rollarblades, so all three girls were skating around the house for awhile.  Craig broke down and got me a Sony A100 DSLR camera.  It is two years old, (e-bay Purchase) but it works great.  He wants to make sure I will use it.  I have already had fun playing with it.  Abbey and Wendy have also.  We now have a record number of close-up pictures of our dogs.  I told them if they take one more picture of the dogs, it will be off limits.
We watched some new movies, talked on the phone with family, had a great ham dinner and enjoyed each others company.  Who could ask for more.  Of course I have already taken the Christmas decorations down.  Emily and Wendy think I was premature.  We are supposed to keep them up until New Years they said.  It is my nature to get things back in order.  I hope all of you had a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I can't wait to see you guys!!! I am so glad that you got a new camera!!! We'll have to play around with it when you get here.

Sitemeter